Today was our very last class. Students participated in a simulation of the sales and marketing world utilizing the products they made and fake money. I was very impressed by the level of effort all students put into their products.
Today, was also our award ceremony and end-of-year party. Students who demonstrated excellent behaviors such as perfect attendance, homework completeness and quality, improvement, and top 3 final exam scorers, received certificates and a small gift. In regards the the party, I brought food for students. Thank you so much to those parents who donated to our class this semester! You guys were the ones who made all of our prizes, gifts, party, etc. possible!
This spring semester was my first school year ever as a NWCS teacher. I enjoyed getting to know all students and watching them grow. It was my pleasure to teach them. Every single student has a lot of potential, and I believe that they will do big things one day.
A summary of the topics that were covered this semester:
1. Parts of Speech (Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Action Verbs) - ENGLISH
2. Basic English Language Grammar (Sentence Writing, Contractions, Homophones, Synonyms & Antonyms) - ENGLISH
3. Clocks (Reading Analog Clocks & Telling Time) - MATHEMATICS
4. Baby Animals (Identifying the names of both the adult and baby of animals) - SCIENCE (BIOLOGY)
5. Number Rounding - MATHEMATICS
6. Pattern Completion - COGAT & LOGIC
7. Introduction to Fractions and Basic Fraction Simplifications - MATHEMATICS
8. Addition & Subtraction (Application, 2 digit, 3 digit, Word Problems) -MATHEMATICS
9. Multiplication (1-3 (Lecture) 4-10 (Integration) ) - MATHEMATICS
10. Analogies - COGAT & LOGIC
11. Items in Pink COGAT Textbook - COGAT & LOGIC
12. Public Speaking
13. Money - MATHEMATICS
14. Introduction to Decimals - MATHEMATICS
15. Sales & Marketing
There are definetly more topics that were taught, but these were the most critical ones covered.
Next, I will be teaching a NWCS Gifted Program Camp this summer. It will be in the beginning of August and will focus on test-taking for Gifted Program Entry. The class will mainly cover advanced COGAT and Logic. If you are interested, there is more information on my website on the curriculum page. Register soon!
Furthermore, I recommend a math book named "Cool Math". This is an excellent book for math practice and enrichment over the summer. The topics inside it are concurrent with the gifted program. It is a rather challenging book, but it is a great start to a solid foundation for advanced elementary school math. Students who utilize this book, usually preform better in advanced math courses. Here is the link to purchase it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Math-Strategies-Ron-Dai/dp/1981218602
Again, thank you so much to every single parent for your support this school year! It meant a lot. Words cannot express my gratitude. This school year was definitely a success!
Also, thank you to all students. Each and every student endured challenges and pursued their own learning. I noticed a notable amount of effort in their work. All students also made tremendous improvement in my course as well thanks to their amazing motivation and determination. I was impressed by all of their results.
One more thing. For those parents who have not taken my end-of-year survey and would like to do so, here is the link to it on my website: https://mrhansondai.weebly.com/online-work.html
One last best regards and have an amazing and fun-filled summer! I hope to see you all again soon!