Thank you for attending our first Zoom class today. Everyone was there and it was overall a huge success! I would like to take a moment to update you guys on my plan for this class going forward, so it is imperative that you read this email.
1. Here's the plan for classwork:
We will conduct a Zoom meeting ideally once a week on Saturdays with each session being 50 minutes long. I would like to adjust the schedule to evening time from 7:00 PM to 7:50 PM EVERY Saturday. Please let me know if this does not work for you.
Please try to reduce the amount of background noise and distractions during our Zoom meetings. I encourage parents to attend the class with their student although it is not required. If you suspect that something loud is going on in the background, please have your student on mute until that sound is resolved.
2. Here's the plan for homework:
- Homework consists of reading and writing practice
- Login to TeacherEase and work on assignments that are marked in red and "missing." The red and "missing" mark will be removed from assignments once they are turned in and evaluated. I will provide feedback on certain assignments. Note that you are only recommended to complete the assignments that are due before or on the next Zoom meeting. You are also more than welcome to work at a faster pace if you would like.
- Workbook pages are typically classwork, NOT homework. There are a few writing pages that are homework. Directions for those are in TeacherEase once you get to them.
If you would like our Zoom sessions to be twice a week instead or once a week with 2 hour sessions, please let me know. If you like my new proposed schedule the way it is then just keep doing what you have been doing. I will do my best to accommodate by taking a majority consensus.
Thank you for all you do and taking the time to read my emails. I hope that I can be of help to the students during this unprecedented time. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Please stay healthy and work hard!