1. Syllabus - Fill out the last 2 pages of it and turn it in to me by next week! You can find it below 2. Introduce Yourself (first online assignment) - Directions for this assignment can be found in the welcome email I sent 3. Student Profile Essay - Students, please handwrite a ONE-PAGE essay that talks about you as a STUDENT. Include your strengths and weaknesses, as well as what you would like to work on. Please also talk about how me, the teacher, can help you reach your academic goals. 4. Workbooks - Please have BOTH of them ready for the next class. Links to order them on Amazon can be found in the welcome email. You can also find links to them below 5. Login to TeacherEase and Explore its Features
1. Entry Task - Practice Journal 2. Workbooks Checkoff 3. Diagnostic EXAM Review 4. CogAT Intro Lesson 5. Parts of Speech Lesson
- CogAT Sentence Completion QUIZ next week!
- Parts of Speech TEST next week!
1. Parts of Speech Short Story - Students should handwrite a ONE PAGE story using their own imagination. While writing, they MUST circle all nouns, box all adjectives, and underline all verbs. 2. CogAT Workbook Pages 32-40 (Sentence Completion) - I will be checking these pages next week! 3. Check TeacherEase - It is highly recommended that you login to TeacherEase regularly (AT LEAST once a week).
1. CogAT Lesson Quiz 2. Picture Analogies Lesson 3. CogAT Verbal/Nonverbal 4. Analog Clocks Lesson 5. Parts of Speech Test
HW DUE 10/12
DO NOT FORGET TO WRITE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME ON ALL OF THESE!
1. "A Day in My Life" Essay -Handwrite a ONE-PAGE essay that talks about what you do in a typical day from morning to night. It MUST include the following: - er Adjectives (at least 2) - est Adjectives (at least 2) - Alliterations (at least 2) Furthermore, circle all nouns, boxall adjectives, and underline all verbs.
2. Essay Continued - Please complete the following in addition to the essay above: On another piece of paper, summarize your day with what you have learned about time. NEATLY Hand draw 6-10 clocks with different times on them. Below each of them, briefly explain what you are doing at that time of the day. Color is preferred.
3. Finish the Analog Clocks Practice Worksheet that was handed out in class today
4. CogAT Book Page 52-60
5. Read the announcements below for important info!
1. Journal 1 - Studying & Testing
How do you study for a test and score well on it? Write AT LEAST 3 sentences. 2. Sentence Completion Lesson 3. Picture Classification Lesson 4. CogAT Verbal Lesson 5. Parts of Speech Lesson 6. Er and Est Lesson 7. Parts of Speech Practice 8. Er and Est Worksheet 9. Alliteration Mini Lesson 10. Name Alliteration Exit Ticket
PLEASE ARRIVE TO CLASS ON-TIME!
Announcements - CogAT Quiz 1 next week! (Covers sentence completion and picture classification) - Parts of Speech Test (Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Er and Est) next week! - TeacherEase is completely up to date as of today. There were several mistakes in assignments and point values there before, but they are fixed now :) You should have received an email for updated login credentials. I strongly recommend that you login regularly (at least once a week). This will help with keeping on top of the events going on this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: due to the class's overall progress and diagnostic exam results, we will no longer be following the original tentative fall course schedule. We will cover all the topics on it, but not in the same weekly order.
3. Finish the Parts of Speech Practice & Er and Est Worksheets handed out in class - A small test on these concepts will take place next week! 4. CogAT Workbook Page 32-50 (Page 32-40 should be done already)
- I will actually be checking pages 32-50 next week. Expect there to be a mini quiz next week on the type of questions asked in these pages.
5. Parts of Speech Packet - Print out and complete the below PDF document.
CogAT books were checked today (Page 32-60 - Nonverbal Battery)
1. Parts of Speech Test 1 2. CogAT Small Test 1 3. Analog Clocks Lesson 4. Time Applications Lesson 5. Time Applications Practice 6. Time Calculations Lesson 7. Analog Clocks Partner Quiz
-Analog Clocks Individual Quiz next week -CogAT Figure Matrices Quiz next week
- TeacherEase is up to date! Login and check recent assignment scores if you would like!
NEW Time Vocabulary 1. Second 2. Minute 3. Hour 4. Day 5. Week 6. Month 7. Year
It's that time again! Mid-term Exam review begins next week! Expect the exam to take place on Class 8, which is the class after the next class. If you would like to start the preparation process early, you will likely be seeing these topics included on the exam:
1. Nouns 2. Adjectives 3. Verbs 4. er Adjectives 5. est Adjectives 6. Alliterations 7. Concrete Nouns 8. Abstract Nouns 9. Analog Clocks 10. Time: Estimation - Math Book Page 40 11. Elapsed Time - Math Book Page 41 12. Writing Diaries (students might be asked to write a very short diary during the exam)
Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know!
Homework ALL IS DUE ON 10/26
From now on, whenever homework is assigned, it is most likely due the following class. There are no exceptions unless discussed with me. It is recommended that all students do their homework for the purpose of learning.
1. CogAT Book Page 66-71
2. Math Book Page 41-44 - Remember, when finished with any assignment in the math or english book, neatly tear the pages out and staple them to turn in to me the next class.
3. Clocks Practice Quiz - Print out, complete, and turn this in to me next week. It will help prepare for the quiz.
4. Diary Entry #2 - Time - Choose one day of this week to write a diary on. If you don't know what a diary is, do some research. Your diary must be at least one page in length. This time, there are different requirements:
1. Circle the nouns, box the adjectives, and underline the verbs. 2. Include the approximate or exact time (with AM or PM) you did each activity when writing your diary. 3. Include all of the new time vocabulary in your diary. 4. Neatly draw a creative and colorful picture on another sheet of paper to accompany your diary. 5. Staple the one page diary and drawing together to turn in to me next week.
5. Check TeacherEase and complete any missing assignments - Remember that I do not take points off for late work so its always better to do them!
1. CogAT Verbal Battery Quiz next week! Yes, I mean it this time. 2. I am doing my best to slow down my teaching and being more organized. I am also trying to assign less, but still a fair amount of homework.
Syllabus - For parents that have yet to fill out the last 2 pages of the syllabus, please do ASAP and get it to me!
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT A FIRST AND LAST NAME IS ON EVERY ASSIGNMENT TURNED IN TO ME FROM NOW ON! THANK YOU!
1. CogAT Book Page 32-60 (if not completed already)
2. CogAT Book Page 63-65 -I have decided to not check CogAT books until they are completely done
3. English Book Page 1 & 2 -When completed, please neatly tear out the page from the workbook and staple it along with the diary entry to turn in to me next class. 4. Diary Entry #1 - P.o.S. Choose one day of this week to write a diary on. If you don't know what a diary is, do some research. Your diary must be at least one page in length. Circle the nouns, box the adjectives, and underline the verbs.