1. Parts of Speech Review Warm-up
2. Parts of Speech Review Lesson
3. Sentence Structure - Subjects and Predicates Lesson & Practice
4. Introduce End-of-year Project
THERE IS NO CLASS NEXT SATURDAY (5/25/2019) DUE TO MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. CLASS WILL RESUME ON 6/1/2019.
1. Finish all the handouts given in class. This includes...
- Subjects and Predicates Packet - If the given sentences are too advanced to read, please remember that you are more than welcome to write your own sentences. You just need to indicate what the subject and predicates are in your own sentences.
- Notes Reading and Questions
- Bats Reading and Questions
2. End-of-year PROJECT
The directions for this project were explained in class. If you were absent, please follow the steps outlined below to complete this project. Remember, it is highly recommended that ALL STUDENTS complete this project, as it is one of the assessments that measure their growth this school year.
-Choose your favorite topic or concept that you learned in Mr. Hanson's class this year. It can be from first or second semester.
-Design a creative, visually appealing, poster that teaches the topic. Include insightful practice problems that you designed yourself as well on the poster. This will make your presentation more interactive. Remember, you are presenting this poster to the class, so the poster must be big enough for the entire class to see.
-Prepare to teach your concept to the class in a 2-3 minute presentation next class.
Here are some excellent examples of posters from last year: