1. Warm-up: 2D Shapes (3-10) and Polygons Review Quiz
2. 2D Shapes (3-10) & Polygons Lesson
3. Intro. to Fractions - Background, Simplification, Visual Lesson
4. Reading Comprehension - The Wright Brothers Reading & Questions
1. Finish the Fractions and Shapes QUEST paper handed out in class. Do not worry about the question that asks what "congruent" means on the back page.
2. Finish the Photograph reading and questions paper handed out in class.
3. Complete textbook pages 119-124
4. PROJECT: Write the recipe for any food and include fractions in it!
A Note from the Teacher
Fractions are a difficult concept for children to grasp at this age. The ultimate goal out of having them learn these concepts is for them to explore the advanced topics that will show up in future math classes. If your child struggles with fractions, don't worry! They are not alone! They should try their best to persevere through this challenge.