Introduction to Symmetry
Classwork - Week #6 (10/20/2018)
1. Practice CogAT Exam 4 - Sentence Completion 2
2. Multiplication Groups Method Review
3. Introduction to Symmetry and Symmetric Proofs
4. CogAT - Paper Folding Lecture
5. Verbs Lecture
6. Verbs Partner Quiz
Next Class: We will be playing a game to review for the mid-term exam
Homework - Week #6 (10/20/2018) - ALL DUE NEXT CLASS
1. Travel Essay - MUST DO
Students will hand write an ENTIRE TWO PAGE essay on the following writing prompt: "If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?". When writing their essay, they should circle all nouns, adjectives, and verbs. They should also pay attention to their spelling, grammar, etc. Lastly, they should be AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE. When finished with the two page essay, students will also draw and color a picture of the place they want to travel to.
2. No textbook homework for this week
3. Study for the Mid-Term Exam, which is in two weeks! (Week 8 - 11/3/2018)
The mid-term exam will cover everything that students have learned up to today. The following are great resources for studying:
1. Past homework assignments
2. In-class worksheets, quizzes, and tests
3. The "handouts" page on my website as well as the whiteboard pictures
4. Lecture Notes. Students should have been taking notes during class. If they have not, not to worry. Visit the "handouts" page on my website.
Note that 2-Digit and 3-Digit addition and subtraction will not be tested, but multiplication will be.
4. Check grades on TeacherEase and complete any missing assignments ASAP.
Week 8 (11/3/2018) will be the very last class I will accept late work for this quarter. After that, students will not be able to receive points for their late work. | Secret Word: Aware | I have updated all of the grades for the assignments up to today.
5. During class today, I briefly went over how to solve the Paper Folding questions in the CogAT textbook. Since Paper Folding is one of the more difficult concepts in the textbook, I would strongly recommend students to try learning how to do the Paper Folding problems by actually simulating the problems through folding another piece paper alongside as well.
6. Students should study the Introduction to Symmetry whiteboard picture and make sure they understand everything on it.
1. UPCOMING: I HAVE SCHEDULED THE MID-TERM EXAM FOR WEEK 8 (NOVEMBER 3, 2018), WHICH IS IN TWO WEEKS. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD START REVIEWING EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE TAUGHT SO FAR, AS ALL CONCEPTS TAUGHT THUS FAR WILL ALL SHOW UP ON THE MID-TERM EXAM.
2. REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR STAMP SHEET TO CLASS NEXT WEEK BECAUSE I WILL BE COLLECTING IT TO COUNT STAMPS. THE NUMBER OF STAMPS STUDENTS HAVE AS OF NEXT WEEK WILL BE USED TO REDEEM FOR PRIZES.
3. Note that In TeacherEase, the projects category has been changed to 10% of the overall grade instead of 15% and there is a new added 5% attendance category.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please always feel free to contact me!
Have a magnificent week and see you all next Saturday!