PLEASE NOTE that all attachments are at the bottom of this email.
Classwork - Week #2 (9/22/2018)
1. Warm-Up: Goal Setting (Should be in spiral or composition notebook)
2. Alphabetical Order Mini Lecture
3. Alphabetical Order Practice - 14 points - Classwork Category
4. Intro. to CogAT, Synynoms and Antynoms, Analogies Lecture
5. CogAT In-Class Note-Taking and Practice Worksheet - 5 points (completion grade) - Classwork Category
5. Verbal Analogies Partner Quiz - 8 points - Tests/Quizzes Category
Homework - Week #2 (9/22/2018)
1. Word Analogies and 2 Digit Subtraction Practice Worksheet - 45 points - Homework Category
DUE: Next Class
2. Please write a 1/2 page essay on what you hope to achieve out of this class. You should use the goal you made during class to help shape your essay. We will revisit this at the end of the school year to see how much you grew. 10 points - Homework Category
DUE: Next Class
3. CogAT Textbook Pages 10-15 (Part of completed textbook check at the end of the semester, which is in January)
4. If you haven't already done so, please fill out the last two pages of the syllabus and turn them into me next week AT THE LATEST.
5. If you haven't already done so, complete the "Website Quiz". | Secret Word: Frequent | Details were sent out in last week's email.
6. Make sure your child has all the required materials for this class. This includes all items listed in the syllabus, the CogAT Textbook, and a spiral or composition notebook.
7. Login to TeacherEase and check grades
8. For those parents who just got added to my email list, please check my website: mrhansondai.weebly.com to view the previous emails I have sent out before this one.
Important Message From NWCS Admin
We must remind each of us again that we need to review and abide by the “Rules & Regulations for Classroom Maintenance & Management” no matter you are a new member or an old one. For our own safety and for respecting other people, these rules should be followed by everyone: no food and drink in the classroom; no running, no pushing, no disturbing the classroom settings and no using or touching things in the classroom. If you must move the desk or chairs in the classroom, please do not forget to move them back at the end of the class. Failure to follow the "Rules and Regulations for Classroom Maintenance and Management" will result in serious disciplinary action determined by the instructor and NWCS Admin.
1. As you may have already noticed, our classroom has changed to room #1112. This will be our new classroom. Please go to this new classroom every week. Thank you!
2. Please make sure that you are fully aware of all the information included in the syllabus.
3. It is recommended that you log onto TeacherEase frequently to stay informed about your child's progress in this class.
Have an amazing week and see you all next Saturday! Next Saturday, students will have their first mastery skills check on CogAT Formatting questions (CogAT Practice Test #1). Students will also be learning about how to read clocks and telling time.
Attachments are not uploaded to the website this week. Please refer to the "HANDOUTS" page of the website to view class whiteboard pictures from this week.