1. Warm-up: Identifying U.S. Currency Coin Names and Values Pop Quiz
2. Adding and Subtracting Money Lecture
3. Reading Skills and Comprehension Practice
4. Synonyms and Antonyms Lecture and Practice
1. Counting Money Worksheet
2. Area and Perimeter Application Project
THE FINAL EXAM IS NEXT WEEK (1/19/2019)!
- Students should be preparing for the final exam this week by reviewing past homework, classwork, tests, quizzes, whiteboard pictures on this website, etc.
- On the day of the exam: Students should arrive to class AT LEAST 3 minutes early with 2 or more pencils and an eraser. The final exam will take the entire class and parents will not be allowed to be inside the classroom for the duration of the exam.
The following worksheets were handed out in class. For those students who did not attend class today, please email me, and I will try to work something out or find alternative assignments.
Week 14 Homework, DUE Next Class (1/19/2019)
1. Comparing Money Worksheet
2. Take-home CogAT Exam Packet
3. Janek's Party Reading w/ Questions
4. Continue working on page 50-90 in the textbook
5.. Study for the Final Exam!
DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR STAMP SHEET AND TEXTBOOK TO CLASS NEXT WEEK. I WILL BE COLLECTING THEM.
Homework Assignment for Parents
Parents, if you haven't already done so, it would be great if you can take a short survey, where you can provide me feedback on my class. The link to the survey is bellow. Thank you very much!
Registration for the Spring Semester
Registration for the spring semester is open! You can find more detailed information on how to register, as well as my teaching plan for the next semester with this link:
The name of this course is: Gifted Program Prep - for K-1
On the day of our last class for this semester (1/26/2019), students will be participating in the NWCS Gifted Program Market. How this will work for this semester is that the students in the Gifted Program Level 2 class will be preparing products of their own to pitch to us. Each student in Gifted Program Level 2 will have their own booth and students in our class will be given fake money to buy what they want to simulate making transactions and application of what they learned about money. If you would like to see what this activity was like last year, pictures are available on the K1GP curriculum page and gallery page of this website.