Whiteboard - Week 12
1. I will be able to solve addition and subtraction problems with 2 digit numbers (Common Core Math Grade 2/CogAT/ITBS)
2. I will be able to solve addition problems with 3 digit numbers (Common Core Math Grade 2/CogAT/ITBS)
3. I will be able to solve subtraction problems with 3 digit numbers (Common Core Math Grade 2/CogAT/ITBS)
4. I will be able to use the grouping method to solve 1 digit multiplication problems (Common Core Math Grade 3)
5. I will be able to memorize multiplication problems with numbers 1-12 using the times table (Common Core Math Grade 3)
6. I will be able to identify patterns in train number puzzles and solve them (CogAT Form 7)
7. I will be able to identify patterns in number analogies and solve them (CogAT Form 7)
8. I will be able to list a variety of types of quadrilaterals (Common Core Math Grade 4)
9. I will be able to identify the name of a 2D shape based on the number of sides it has (Common Core Math Grade 4)
10. I will know what a tessellation is and be able to create my own tessellation
1. Warm-up: CogAT Exam 1 - Train Number Puzzles and Number Analogies
2. 3 Digit Subtraction Review
3. 2D Shapes Lecture and Notes
4. 2D Shapes Partner Quiz
5. Stamp Sheet Prizes!
1. 3 Digit Subtraction Practice Worksheet
2. Multiplication Practice Worksheet 2
3. Stamp Sheet
Next Class (1/5/2019)
Money, U.S. Currency, Intro. to Decimals
PLEASE NOTE that there is no class next Saturday (12/22/2018) and the following Saturday (12/29/2018) due to the school's winter break. Class will resume on 1/5/2019. See you all next year!
PLEASE ALSO NOTE that this semester's final exam has been scheduled for 1/19/2019 (Week 15 of 16). It will cover everything that students have learned since week #1.
Homework - DUE NEXT CLASS
1. Tessellations Project
Students, along with their parents, will do brief research on what a Tessellation is and afterwards, create their OWN Tessellation. Please do not just copy one off of the internet. Students' Tessellation must also be colored.
Along with their tessellation, students should also write a 1 page summary addressing the following things:
- What a tessellation is and where they can be found (from brief research)
- A list of the names of the 2D shapes they used in their own tessellation
2. Square and Rectangle Area and Perimeter Practice WS
Print out and complete the above worksheet
ENJOY YOUR BREAK!