PLEASE NOTE that all attachments are at the bottom of this email.
Classwork - Week #1 (9/15/2018)
1. Introduction and Attendance
2. Common Pre-Test and Math Placement Test - Scores are now in TeacherEase
3. Ice-Breaker Bingo
4. Syllabus and Important Handouts
Homework - Week #1 (9/15/2018)
1. "This is Me" Narrative Essay: 8 points - Projects Category - DUE: NEXT CLASS
Instructions: Students will HAND WRITE in legible handwriting a ONE WHOLE PAGE essay that introduces themselves to the teacher and their classmates. A colorful, creative drawing should accompany the essay, as well as a printed picture of themself. Rubric Utilized: Medium Project (without presentation and audience portion)
2. Math Practice Worksheet #1 - 2 Digit Addition: 25 points - Homework Category - DUE: NEXT CLASS
THIS WAS HANDED OUT IN CLASS. EMAIL ME FOR A COPY IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE IT.
3. Syllabus (If you haven't already done it): 50 points - Notebook Category - DUE: NEXT CLASS
Fill out the last 2 pages of the syllabus and then turn them in to Mr. Hanson. You can access it through the class website or the welcome email I sent out last Thursday. I also attached it in this email.
4. Purchase the class textbook and a spiral or composition notebook: 50 points (Part of Required Materials) - Notebook Category - DUE: NEXT CLASS OR WEEK 3 (9/29/2018)
Purchase the class textbook and have it ready by week 3 AT THE LATEST. The link to it on Amazon:
Please also purchase a spiral or composition notebook for your child to take notes in.
5. Explore my class website: mrhansondai.weebly.com and take the quiz: 5 points - Tests/Quizzes Category - DUE: NEXT CLASS
After you are done exploring my class website, take a short quiz on it. You can find this on the "online work" page. In past classes, many students forgot to complete the quiz. Don't forget or else it will hurt your grade as it is one of the very first assignments!
6. Login to TeacherEase and explore its functionalities
Directions on how to log onto TeacherEase were sent out through email.
Logging into TeacherEase for the first time is worth 5 points in the Homework category
1. All current assignment scores are up to date in TeacherEase
2. Student Project Rubrics
Students can refer to the project rubrics to see how their projects will be graded. | Secret word: Introduction | All types of project rubrics are posted to the "RESOURCES, then DOCUMENTS" page on the class website.
Have a great week and see you all next Saturday! Next Saturday, we will begin with an introduction to the CogAT. Please have your textbook and spiral or composition notebook by then!
Attachments are not uploaded to the website this week. Please refer to the "HANDOUTS" page of the website to view class whiteboard pictures from this week.