Please ignore anything on the whiteboard that is irrelevant to our class. They were left by another teacher.
1. Warm-up: 1-Digit Multiplication Review Practice
2. Class Business: Ticket System, Textbook, Syllabus, Schedule, etc.
3. K1GP Common Assessment (Mid-year Diagnostic test. Same test as the one token week 1 of the fall semester)
4. Multiplication Review Lesson
5. Introduction to Application Word Problems Lesson, which will be the focus math format for this semester.
1. Page 5 & 6 of the syllabus (this is only if your new to this class or if you didn't turn one in last semester)
Applying Multiplication to Solve Word Problems
Important Announcement Regarding Next Class 3/2/2019 (PLEASE READ!)
PLEASE NOTE that there is no class next Saturday 2/23/2019 due to mid-winter break. Class will resume on 3/2/2019.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE that there will be a substitute teacher next class due to a conference I must attend. Please respect the substitute and treat the class just as you normally would. Thank you!
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS THIS SEMESTER
1. Purchase the class textbook for this semester, DUE: Next Class
^Please try to have this textbook by next class (3/2/2019) AT THE LATEST. We will be using this textbook a lot this semester for both classwork and homework, so it is imperative that your student has one.
2. Login to TeacherEase and explore its functionalities, DUE: Next Class
Details on how to login were sent out in an email two weeks ago. Let me know ASAP if you did not receive that email.
3. Finish Half of the Multiplication Practice Worksheet, DUE: Next Class
Remember that it is only required for half of the worksheet to be complete. Students can do more than half of the worksheet as a way of guaranteeing that they will earn full points, just in case they got any of the problems wrong. This worksheet was handed out in class, so if you didn't receive one, email me and I will send you a copy!
3. Finish Pages 27-30 in the Grade 3 Math Textbook, DUE: Next Class
4. Finish Pages 1-8 in the Grade 3 Math Textbook, DUE: Next Class
When your student has completed the assigned pages, make sure they rip them out of the textbook neatly. That way they can turn them in to me without turning in the entire textbook. This must be done before class next time. This will also apply to every textbook assignment this semester.
The reason why I don't upload any worksheets to this website is because all of our class material is private and should only be used by the students in our class.
Have a fun and relaxing break and see you in March! Snow is in the forecast again next week, so be sure to stay safe and warm!