Gifted program prep level 1
2017-2018 School Year
2018 Summer Camp
2018 Summer Camp
Just a reminder that next week's class (3/31/2018 - Week 8), is the mid-term exam! We are almost halfway through the semester! If you are going to miss next week's class, please let me know ASAP before hand. We will schedule a time to make it up. The mid-term test will cover EVERYTHING that we have learned so far since week 1 (2/3/2018). Topics include, but not limited to, Number Rounding, Clocks & Telling Time, Pattern Completion, Parts of speech (Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Action Verbs), Application of Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication 1-3, Contractions, Homophones, Rhyming, Punctuation, and Baby Animals. Please visit Teacherease to check grades and view all the assignments so far. The best material for studying are the in class quizzes and lecture notes. Just a reminder, after the mid-term test next week, the grades on Teacherease will be finalized for the current term and I will be providing a report card the following class (4/14). If you have any missing assignments, TURN THEM IN ASAP because next class will be the last time that I will accept late work to grade for this term. Most work up until today have been entered into the garbed and are updated.
1) Clock and Verbs Project Presentations
2) Rhyming and Punctuation Lecture + Practice
1) Sentence Completion Worksheets
2) Mid-Term Test Review Worksheet
3) Students will write a 4-5 page long essay utilizing all the english language techniques taught so far. The essay prompt is: If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why? Students should respond to this question with extreme detail and show their mastery of english language writing skills.
4) STUDY FOR THE TEST!
My class website, mrhansondai.weebly.com is also a great resource for studying. Please visit it, especially the handouts page!
Have an amazing week and if you have any questions feel free to let me know anytime!
NWCS K1GP Teacher