Gifted program prep level 1
2017-2018 School Year
2018 Summer Camp
2018 Summer Camp
Today, students learned about how to round numbers to the nearest tens place, how to identify 2 dimensional shapes, the life of animals in the wild, and baby animals. Some of today’s concepts were challenging, but students were able to pull through and give their best effort. The results were great. All of today’s whiteboard pictures are attached in this email.
Today’s class summary:
1. Number-Rounding Warm-Up Lecture and Practice
2. 2D Shapes Lecture and Note-Taking
3. Animal Life Lecture
4. Animal Life Lab Activity
5. Final Exam Review and Game
One more reminder that this course’s final exam is TOMMORROW! The final exam will cover ALL topics taught in this course as well as IQ based questions. The exam is long and will take approximately the whole class. This exam will be excellent practice for the gifted qualification test. Your child’s score will be an accurate reflection as to how much they learned in my class. The final exam may or not be graded on a curve. More details about the final exam were sent out in yesterday’s email.
Students should have been studying a little bit everyday. Students should also study tonight. Ways to effectively study and tips were sent out in yesterday’s email. The final exam covers everything I taught, so prioritize the topics you had trouble with first!
1. Look over the baby animals study guide
2. Complete the final exam study guide and practice test packet.
3. PLEASE visit my website and go to the online work page. Once your on the online work page, please complete the end of course survey. Your responses are very valuable to me and help me improve as a teacher. Please be honest and this assignment is due TONIGHT. Completing it with your child is recommended.
Heres the link to my website: mrhansondai.weebly.com
You will also receive another email later that will have a link that will lead you directly to the survey.
4. Write 10 of your own test questions that cover the topics you learned. Please do not write 10 questions on only one or two topics. This can be handwritten or typed, but preferably typed if your handwriting is messy. I need to be able to clearly see your ideas and thinking. This project was actually assigned yesterday but many students did not turn theirs in. Please turn this assignment in tomorrow!
All of the content and concepts that are part of this summer camp’s curriculum have officially been taught. Since there are still two days left, here’s the plan:
Tomorrow: Final Exam
Thursday: Story Day, Writer’s Workshop, Handwriting Lab, and Student Project
Furthermore, after tommorrow’s final exam, if you have any questions for me about your child’s learning recommendations, please let me know! I would be more than happy to assist you in the next step to prepare your child for the gifted program qualification test. I will also be more than happy to help you choose the next best fit class for your child this fall at NWCS.
Lastly, I would like to thank all parents for taking the time to read my daily update emails. I intend for my emails to help parents be more involved in their child’s education and provide structure to my class. Every single student’s education means a great deal to me and I enjoy watching them grow as a person and as a learner. Again, THANK YOU!
Remember if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know!
Have a great rest of your day and happy studying!
Good luck to your child tommorrow on the exam and I am confident they will do well.
NWCS Gifted Program Instructor