Gifted program prep level 1
2017-2018 School Year
2018 Summer Camp
2018 Summer Camp
Good afternoon all,
Today students were introduced to the COGAT exam and learned about the different types of questions that show up on the COGAT exam. Tomorrow, students will take a COGAT practice exam. We also had story time on “Green Eggs and Ham” by Dr. Suess and the students took a reading comprehension quiz on it. All scores are up to date in TeacherEase.
A summary of what we did in class today - Whiteboard picture attached in this email:
1. Clocks and Time Warm-Up
2. Intro. to COGAT
3. COGAT Lecture
4. COGAT Practice Packet
5. COGAT Game
6. Story time and Reading Comprehension
7. COGAT Project (Turn in tomorrow if you haven’t already turned it in)
8. I also collected every student’s notebook to grade the quality of notes they took in class. If they did not receive a good score, then I highly recommend them go to either my website or the daily whiteboard pictures in emails to make up the notes they missed.
If your student is ever unsatisfied with a score they received, they may do corrections on the assignment(s) where they were unsatified with the score. After completing the corrections, turn them into me to earn some points back. Learning the material is the most important thing in education. Learning from your mistakes is critical in understanding the content being taught.
1. Analogies Worksheets
2. 2 digit addition and subtraction worksheets (tomorrow is math day, so these worksheets will help students prepare for tomorrow’s lesson.
I handed out all homework packets, so each student should have gotten it.
Lastly, I purchased some gifts for the students. Students can earn these gifts by doing the following...
1. Score well on exams
2. Have good behavior during class, help around
3. Complete their homework ON TIME with quality (majority of answers correct)
You may have noticed that your student earned some fake money. They earned their fake money by doing one or more of the above things. They can save up their fake money to spend at the “Gifted Student Store”, where all the gifts I bought are.
One more thing. If you haven’t already visited the class website, do so! It’s a great learning resource for this course. The URL is: mrhansondai.weebly.com
Have a great rest of your day!
NWCS Gifted Program Instructor