Classwork (Sub teacher)
1. Reading & Vocab Quiz 4
2. Troublesome Words Lesson
1. Textbook Pages 83-86
2. The Giver - Chapter 13-15 Summary
TYPE UP a TWO PAGE detailed summary on what you read in chapters 13-15 of The Giver. Turn in the PRINTED COPY next class.
3. The Giver - Project #1 - Dystopia Map
The Giver is considered to be a dystopian fiction type novel. To complete this project, follow these steps.
1. Research the words "dystopian" and "dystopia" and define them.
2. ON ONE PAGE, hand-write your findings on those definitions. After that, create your own "dystopia", and describe it on the same page as the definitions.
3. ON A NEW PIECE OF PAPER, create a map for Jonas's community in The Giver, taking into account exact locations. Include a key and don't forget to color it!
4. ON A NEW PIECE OF PAPER, list the buildings you included in your map and a brief description on each of them.
Once you are finished with all 4 steps, staple your project together in the following order:
Front: Definitions and "Create Your Own Dystopia"
Middle: The Giver Map
Back: List of buildings
This is a lot, but pages 83-86 should have been done already.
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet