Please ignore anything on the whiteboard that is irrelevant to our class. They were left by another teacher.
1. Warm-up: Semester 1 Review
2. Class Business: Ticket System, Class Novel, Syllabus, Schedule, etc.
3. Spring Diagnostic Test - Reading
4. Spring Diagnostic Test - Writing
5. Intro to Unit 3 - Mechanics Lesson
6. Capital Letters and Capitalization Lesson
1. Page 3 & 4 of the syllabus (this is only if your new to this class or if you didn't turn one in last semester)
Important Announcement Regarding Next Class 3/2/2019 (PLEASE READ!)
PLEASE NOTE that there is no class next Saturday 2/23/2019 due to mid-winter break. Class will resume on 3/2/2019.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE that there will be a substitute teacher next class due to a conference I must attend. Please respect the substitute and treat the class just as you normally would. Thank you!
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS THIS SEMESTER
1. Purchase the class novel for this semester, DUE: Next Class
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Giver-Quartet-Lois-Lowry/dp/0544336267/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1549509255&sr=8-2&keywords=the+giver
^Please try to have this novel by next class (3/2/2019) AT THE LATEST. We will be using this novel a lot this semester for both classwork and homework, so it is imperative that your student has one.
2. Login to TeacherEase and explore its functionalities
Details on how to login were sent out in an email two weeks ago. Let me know ASAP if you did not receive that email. DUE: Next Class
3. Textbook Pages 61-62
When your student has completed the assigned pages, make sure they rip them out of the textbook neatly. That way they can turn them in to me without turning in the entire textbook. This must be done before class next time. This will also apply to every textbook assignment this semester. DUE: Next Class
4. Textbook Pages 99-102
Same procedure from above applies. DUE: Next Class
Have a fun and relaxing break and see you in March! Snow is in the forecast again next week, so be sure to stay safe and warm!
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet