1. I will be able to construct grammatically correct sentences that are complex
2. I will be able to read text that is at or exceeds my current grade level
3. I will be able to comprehend what i read
4. I will be able to summarize what i read
5. I will be able to write about what i read
6. I will be able to identify synonyms and antonyms for my grade level's advanced vocabulary
(Common Core Language Arts Grade 3)
1. Good and Well Warm-Up (Page 45 in Textbook)
2. Review Unit 1 - Parts of Speech
3. Introduction to Unit 2 - Sentences Lecture
4. Sentence Identification and Construction and Subjects and Predicates Practice
5. Mid-Term Exam Results
6. Go Over Mid-Term Exam
7. Reading Comprehension Test 1
8. Synonyms and Antonyms Test 1
1. ORP Record - Book Summary 1
Many students did not turn in their homework today from last class. If your child is one of them, please refer back to last class's update and do the homework, as the homework assigned last class is critical for their success in this class. Once they have chosen the chapter book they want to read, have them bring it to next class. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE that there is no class next week (11/24/2018) due to the thanksgiving break. Class will resume on 12/1/2018.
Homework - ALL DUE NEXT CLASS
1. ORP Record - Book Summary 2 - Background
Continue reading AT LEAST 5-6 MORE chapters (up until at least chapter 9 if you read to chapter 4 last time) of the chapter book you chose and then hand write or type a 2 page summary of what you read. When writing your summary, please answer the following questions along with what actually happened in the book:
a. who is the author of your book?
b. what genre is your book?
c. What is or what are the main characters in the book and what are they like?
d. are their any bad guys in your book? if so, who are they and what are they like?
e. what is the setting of the book/Where does the book take place (location and time)?
2. Textbook Pages 45-50
3. Mid-Term Exam Corrections
-correct missed questions on the mid-term exam in green or blue pen. Students will turn in their corrected mid-term exam next class to earn partial points back.
All assignment scores up until today are up to date in Teacherease. Feel free to check!
Should you have any questions or concerns, please always feel free to contact me!
HAVE A FANTASTIC THANKSGIVING BREAK AND SEE YOU ALL IN TWO WEEKS ON 12/1/2018!
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet