Classwork - Week #7 (10/27/2018)
1. Quarter 1 Stamp Sheet
3. Irregular Verbs Mini Lecture and Practice
4. Mid-Term Review Game
1. Stamp Sheet
2. Travel Essay
3. Textbook pages 31-38
4. Mid-Term Review Game Answer Sheet
Next Class: FALL SEMESTER MID-TERM EXAM
Homework - Week #7 (10/27/2018) - ALL DUE NEXT CLASS
1. Textbook pages 39-44
2. Type up a one page summary essay on what you have learned in my class so far. Explain as many concepts as possible and provide examples. THIS MUST BE TYPED AND PRINTED OUT. I will not accept handwritten essays. A critical part in learning English is knowing how to type up your writing instead of always writing it by hand. This will be worth a lot of points, so not doing it will hurt your grade. Do it! This will also help you prepare for the mid-term exam.
3. Study for the Mid-Term Exam, which is NEXT WEEK! (Week 8 - 11/3/2018)
The mid-term exam will cover everything that students have learned so far (week 1 - week 6). The following are great resources for studying:
1. Past homework assignments
2. In-class worksheets, quizzes, and tests
3. Lecture Notes and whiteboard pictures. Students should have been taking notes during class. If they have not, not to worry. Visit the English Reading and Writing for Grades 2 -3 on my website.
4. Check grades on TeacherEase and complete any missing assignments ASAP.
Week 8 (11/3/2018), which is NEXT WEEK, will be the very last class I will accept late work for this quarter. After that, students will not be able to receive points for their late work. I have updated all of the grades for the assignments up to today.
1. UPCOMING: I HAVE SCHEDULED THE MID-TERM EXAM FOR WEEK 8 (NOVEMBER 3, 2018), WHICH IS NEXT WEEK. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD REVIEW EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE TAUGHT SO FAR, AS ALL CONCEPTS TAUGHT THUS FAR WILL ALL SHOW UP ON THE MID-TERM EXAM.
2. Today students turned in their stamp sheets and received a prize for it. The number of stamps that students received so far will also be added into the grade book as extra credit (# of stamps = # of bonus points). I will return stamp sheets to students on week 9 so that they can continue to collect stamps.
3. Students, if your score on the mid-term exam only (percentage wise), is higher than your overall class grade percentage before the mid-term exam, that difference, up to 5%, will be added on to your overall class percentage for the semester.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please always feel free to contact me!
Have an awesome week and see you all next Saturday! I believe that all students can do well on the mid-term exam next week!
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet