Classwork - Week #6 (10/20/2018)
1. Nouns and Adjectives Review
2. Verbs Lecture
3. Past, Present, Future Tense Lecture
4. Verbs Practice
5. Basic Verbs Partner Quiz
6. Reading Skills Practice Test #3
Next Class: We will be playing a game to review for the mid-term exam
Homework - Week #6 (10/20/2018) - ALL DUE NEXT CLASS
1. Parts of Speech Unit Mini-Project - Travel Essay - MUST DO
Students will hand write an ENTIRE TWO PAGE essay on the following writing prompt: "If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?". When writing their essay, they should circle all nouns, adjectives, and verbs. They should also pay attention to their spelling, grammar, etc. Lastly, they should be AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE. When finished with the two page essay, students will also draw and color a picture of the place they want to travel to.
2. Textbook pages 31-38 - MUST DO
3. Study for the Mid-Term Exam, which is in two weeks! (Week 8 - 11/3/2018)
The mid-term exam will cover everything that students have learned up to today. The following are great resources for studying:
1. Past homework assignments
2. In-class worksheets, quizzes, and tests
3. Lecture Notes. Students should have been taking notes during class. If they have not, not to worry. On my website, look through the whiteboard pictures that are included in the weekly updates.
4. Check grades on TeacherEase and complete any missing assignments ASAP.
Week 8 (11/3/2018) will be the very last class I will accept late work for this quarter. After that, students will not be able to receive points for their late work. | Secret Word: Aware | I have updated all of the grades for the assignments up to today.
1. UPCOMING: I HAVE SCHEDULED THE MID-TERM EXAM FOR WEEK 8 (NOVEMBER 3, 2018), WHICH IS IN TWO WEEKS. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD START REVIEWING EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE TAUGHT SO FAR, AS ALL CONCEPTS TAUGHT THUS FAR WILL ALL SHOW UP ON THE MID-TERM EXAM.
2. REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR STAMP SHEET TO CLASS NEXT WEEK BECAUSE I WILL BE COLLECTING IT TO COUNT STAMPS. THE NUMBER OF STAMPS STUDENTS HAVE AS OF NEXT WEEK WILL BE USED TO REDEEM FOR PRIZES.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please always feel free to contact me!
Have a magnificent week and see you all next Saturday!
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet