1. I will be able to construct grammatically correct sentences that are complex
2. I will be able to read text that is at or exceeds my current grade level
3. I will be able to comprehend what i read
4. I will be able to summarize what i read
5. I will be able to write about what i read
6. I will be able to identify synonyms and antonyms for my grade level's advanced vocabulary
7. I will be able to identify cause and effect
8. I will be able to identify and utilize context clues
(Common Core Language Arts Grade 3)
1. Journal 4: What did you do over winter break? Please answer this prompt in AT LEAST 8 sentences. (Warm-up)
2. Journal Presentations
3. Joining Sentences Part 2 Lecture and Practice
4. Expanding Sentences Lecture and Practice
5. Run-on Sentences Lecture and Practice
6. Unit 2 work and study time
7. Begin Final Exam Review
1. Textbook Pages 111-112
2. Compare and Contrast Paragraph
PLEASE NOTE that the final exam for this semester is scheduled for 1/19/2019. It will cover everything that students have learned since week #1. It is recommended for students to begin preparing.
1. Unit 2 ONLINE TEST (DUE 1/11/2019 BY 7:59:59 PM)
To complete this online test, students should follow these directions (MUST BE DONE ON A COMPUTER. NOT A PHONE OR TABLET):
- Login to TeacherEase
- Once successfully logged in, students should see an assignment named "Unit 2 ONLINE TEST - Sentences" on the right hand side of the main screen
- Click on "view assignment"
- Then, click on "begin"
- Once finished with all questions, DO NOT FORGET TO SUBMIT.
2. Semester 1 Reflection Essay
Students will need to write a ONE PAGE TYPED reflection essay that answers the following questions in detail:
a. What do you think about this class. Do you like or dislike it? Please rate on a scale from 1-5 (1 being I hate it and 5 being I love it). Please also provide an explanation as to why you gave this rating.
b. What do you think you did well on this semester? Where do you think you could have done better?
c. What concept were you the best at? What concept were you the worst at?
d. Did you practice good citizenship skills by coming to every class on time, completing all homework on time, behaving during class, etc.? If not, why?
e. What do you think I can do better as a teacher to make your learning experience more meaningful?
f. What is your current grade in the class. What grade do you want at the end of the semester. What is your goal score on the final exam. How will you get there?
g. Would you consider yourself to be an excellent student in this class. Why or why not?
h. Did you try your best? Did you ask for help when you needed it. Did you take advantage of every practice opportunity?
i. Overall, what do you plan to do differently next time?
THIS MUST BE TYPED. THIS TIME I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY HANDWRITTEN ESSAYS AS THIS IS A FORMAL ASSIGNMENT.
3. Check grades on TeacherEase and complete any missing assignments. For any missing assignments, they need to be turned in BY 1/19/2019, which is the day of the final exam. That will be the last day that I will accept late work.
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet