1. I will be able to construct grammatically correct sentences that are complex
2. I will be able to read text that is at or exceeds my current grade level
3. I will be able to comprehend what i read
4. I will be able to summarize what i read
5. I will be able to write about what i read
6. I will be able to identify synonyms and antonyms for my grade level's advanced vocabulary
(Common Core Language Arts Grade 3)
1. Journal 1: Thanksgiving Break Free Write (Warm-up)
2. Intro. to sentences and subjects and predicates review lecture
3. Sentence Types: Statements, Questions, Exclamations, Commands Lecture, Notes and Practice
4. Writing the 4 Types of Sentences Partner Activity
5. Stay Safe Reading and Questions
1. Mid-Term Exam Corrections
2. Textbook pages 45-50
3. ORP Record - Summary 2
Homework - ALL DUE NEXT CLASS
1. Textbook pages 51-54
2. ORP Record - Book Summary 3 - Personal Opinions & Connections
Continue reading AT LEAST 3-4 MORE chapters (up until at least chapter 12 if you read to chapter 9 last time) of the chapter book you chose and then hand write or type a ONE page summary of what you read. When writing your summary, please answer the following questions along with what actually happened in the book:
A. How do you feel about the book so far? Do you like or dislike it?
B. Do you feel similar to any of the characters in the book. If so, who and why? If not, why?
C. What is your favorite part in the book so far and why?
D. If you could change one thing in the book what would it be and why?
E. Does the book remind you of anything or anyone? If so, what?
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet