PLEASE NOTE that all attachments are at the bottom of this email.
Classwork - Week #2 (9/22/2018)
1. Warm-Up: Goal Setting (Should be in spiral or composition notebook)
2. Go over pre-essay scoring rubric and writing tips
3. Intro. to Unit 1 - Parts of Speech
4. Nouns Lecture
5. Nouns Practice
6. Basic Nouns Partner Quiz - 30 points - Grammar/Vocabulary Category
7. Reading Comprehension Practice Test 1 Part 1 - 3 points (completion grade) - Reading Category
Homework - Week #2 (9/22/2018)
1. Textbook pages 1 - 6 (When you are done with all pages, tear them out, then turn them into Mr. Hanson next class) 60 points (10 points per page) - Notebook Category
DUE: Next Class
2. Please write a 1/2 page essay on what you hope to achieve out of this class. You should use the goal you made during class to help shape your essay. We will revisit this at the end of the school year to see how much you grew. 10 points - Writing Category
DUE: Next Class
3. If you haven't already done so, please fill out the last two pages of the syllabus and turn them into me next week AT THE LATEST.
4. Make sure your child has all the required materials for this class. | Secret Word: Frequent | This includes all items listed in the syllabus, the textbook, and a spiral or composition notebook.
5. Login to TeacherEase and check grades
6. For those parents who just got added to my email list, please check my website: mrhansondai.weebly.com to view the previous emails I have sent out before this one.
Important Message From NWCS Admin
We must remind each of us again that we need to review and abide by the “Rules & Regulations for Classroom Maintenance & Management” no matter you are a new member or an old one. For our own safety and for respecting other people, these rules should be followed by everyone: no food and drink in the classroom; no running, no pushing, no disturbing the classroom settings and no using or touching things in the classroom. If you must move the desk or chairs in the classroom, please do not forget to move them back at the end of the class. Failure to follow the "Rules and Regulations for Classroom Maintenance and Management" will result in serious disciplinary action determined by the instructor and NWCS Admin.
1. Please make sure that you are fully aware of all the information included in the syllabus.
2. It is recommended that you log onto TeacherEase frequently to stay informed about your child's progress in this class.
Have an amazing week and see you all next Saturday! Next Saturday, we will work on vocabulary and have a reading comprehension quiz.
Attachments are not uploaded to the website this week.
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet