I hope you are all enjoying your breaks so far.
1. Since final exam season is just around the corner, I would just like to let you know that students in this English class have two mini unit tests coming up after break. The first one will be on 1/4/2020 covering basic parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, verbs) and basic punctuation to warm-up. The second one will be on 1/18/2020 and will cover the general topics in the workbook. This one will require preparation, especially by studying the topics from unit 1 in the workbook.
How to prepare?
-Complete or re-complete questions in the workbook (part of the homework due next class)
-Revisit the mid-term exam, lesson notes, class handouts, and whiteboard pictures (especially the whiteboard picture titled Unit 1 Test 1)
-I also attached a few practice tests that have questions that look relatively similar to the actual tests for students to do over break. Turning these in next class will earn extra credit.
Please also be aware that these tests will not take the entire class. We will be reviewing for the final exam afterwards, which will be on 1/25/2019.
2. I have updated TeacherEase with all assignments up to the last class. Please check! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments regarding any scores that your student received or if I made any mistakes. The point values should be confirmed for all assignments at this point.
3. Don't forget to also work on the winter break homework assignments!
4. Please feel free to let me know of any questions or comments regarding your student and/or the upcoming unit tests!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Practice Unit Tests
Unit 1 - Parts of Speech
-Today we worked on catching up on some of the important topics covered in unit 1.
-There will be no class next Saturday 12/21 and on 12/28 due to winter break.
-The homework is as follows:
1. Finish the incomplete pages up to page 44 of the workbook
2. Quarter 2 Summary Essay - Students should TYPE up a ONE-PAGE essay summarizing what they have learned in this class since the BEGINNING.
3. Handwrite or type a one page essay that talks about what you did over break. Draw a colored picture to accompany it as well.
4. Optional - Read a challenging book over break and create a book report on it. This could be a one page summary essay or a colorful poster that advertises it. Be creative because the possibilities are endless! (extra credit)
Happy holidays and enjoy your winter break!
Unit 1 - Parts of Speech
Today, we learned about Singular and Plural Possessive Nouns. The homework is as follows:
-Workbook pages 11-14
These homework assignments are required and will be graded on accuracy! Also, don't forget to check Teacherease!
Have a good week!
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet