1. Listing Verbs Challenge Warm-up
2. Post-Essay Introduction (part of final exam)
3. T.R.E.C. Format Writing Lecture and Example Essay
4. Opinion Paragraph Timed-Essay Practice
5. Peer Review
7. Fact vs. Opinion Mini-Lecture
1. Unit 2 Online Test
2. Semester 1 Reflection Typed Essay
THE FINAL EXAM IS NEXT WEEK (1/19/2019)!
- Students should be preparing for the final exam this week by reviewing past homework, classwork, tests, quizzes, whiteboard pictures on this website, etc. This week's homework is the final exam review packet, which guides students on the studying process, which will help them achieve a good score on the final exam.
- On the day of the exam: Students should arrive to class AT LEAST 3 minutes early with 2 or more pencils and an eraser. The final exam will take the entire class and parents will not be allowed to be inside the classroom for the duration of the exam.
The following homework assignment was handed out in class. For those students who did not attend class today, please email me, and I will try to work something out or find alternative assignments.
Week 14 Homework, DUE Next Class (1/19/2019)
1. Final Exam Review Packet
2. Study for the final exam!
DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR STAMP SHEET TO CLASS NEXT WEEK. I WILL BE COLLECTING THEM.
Homework Assignment for Parents
Parents, if you haven't already done so, it would be great if you can take a short survey, where you can provide me feedback on my class. The link to the survey is bellow. Thank you very much!
Important to Note
Part of next week's final exam includes students writing a 6 sentence essay. The essay MUST be written in a specific format called the T.R.E.C. Essay Format, or else it is difficult to receive a decent score on the essay portion of the exam. I went over this format in class today. For those students that did not attend class today, study the whiteboard picture!
Registration for the Spring Semester
You can register online with this link:
You can register by visiting the NWCS administration's main desk during school hours on Saturdays
The name of this course is: English Reading and Writing for Grades 2-3 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1. I will be able to construct grammatically correct sentences that are complex
2. I will be able to read text that is at or exceeds my current grade level
3. I will be able to comprehend what i read
4. I will be able to summarize what i read
5. I will be able to write about what i read
6. I will be able to identify synonyms and antonyms for my grade level's advanced vocabulary
7. I will be able to identify cause and effect
8. I will be able to identify and utilize context clues
(Common Core Language Arts Grade 3)
1. Journal 4: What did you do over winter break? Please answer this prompt in AT LEAST 8 sentences. (Warm-up)
2. Journal Presentations
3. Joining Sentences Part 2 Lecture and Practice
4. Expanding Sentences Lecture and Practice
5. Run-on Sentences Lecture and Practice
6. Unit 2 work and study time
7. Begin Final Exam Review
1. Textbook Pages 111-112
2. Compare and Contrast Paragraph
PLEASE NOTE that the final exam for this semester is scheduled for 1/19/2019. It will cover everything that students have learned since week #1. It is recommended for students to begin preparing.
1. Unit 2 ONLINE TEST (DUE 1/11/2019 BY 7:59:59 PM)
To complete this online test, students should follow these directions (MUST BE DONE ON A COMPUTER. NOT A PHONE OR TABLET):
- Login to TeacherEase
- Once successfully logged in, students should see an assignment named "Unit 2 ONLINE TEST - Sentences" on the right hand side of the main screen
- Click on "view assignment"
- Then, click on "begin"
- Once finished with all questions, DO NOT FORGET TO SUBMIT.
2. Semester 1 Reflection Essay
Students will need to write a ONE PAGE TYPED reflection essay that answers the following questions in detail:
a. What do you think about this class. Do you like or dislike it? Please rate on a scale from 1-5 (1 being I hate it and 5 being I love it). Please also provide an explanation as to why you gave this rating.
b. What do you think you did well on this semester? Where do you think you could have done better?
c. What concept were you the best at? What concept were you the worst at?
d. Did you practice good citizenship skills by coming to every class on time, completing all homework on time, behaving during class, etc.? If not, why?
e. What do you think I can do better as a teacher to make your learning experience more meaningful?
f. What is your current grade in the class. What grade do you want at the end of the semester. What is your goal score on the final exam. How will you get there?
g. Would you consider yourself to be an excellent student in this class. Why or why not?
h. Did you try your best? Did you ask for help when you needed it. Did you take advantage of every practice opportunity?
i. Overall, what do you plan to do differently next time?
THIS MUST BE TYPED. THIS TIME I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY HANDWRITTEN ESSAYS AS THIS IS A FORMAL ASSIGNMENT.
3. Check grades on TeacherEase and complete any missing assignments. For any missing assignments, they need to be turned in BY 1/19/2019, which is the day of the final exam. That will be the last day that I will accept late work.
Tentative Course Schedule and Topics
2019-20 S2 Online Class Transcript
Semester 1 Final Exam Review Sheet